Monday, August 31, 2015

Baked Oatmeal

I LOVE Baked Oatmeal.  I see recipes all over the place and I love trying new ones.  But when it comes down to it I have a favorite that nothing else has come close too.  The thing I love about this one is it is a good base that you can play around with, plus you can make it fit your families dietary needs. No gluten, dairy, processed sugar, and you can substitute the egg for a flax seed egg with no problem.  The best part is, it tastes like dessert:)
So here you go my Favorite Baked Oatmeal
2 c rolled oats
1/2 c chopped pecans 
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 c maple syrup ( the real stuff)
2 c almond milk
2 eggs slightly beaten
4 tblsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2-3 ripe bananas
2+ c fruit of choice (blueberries are our absolute favorite, in this one I mixed peaches and blackberries)

Preheat oven to 375
Grease a 9X13 pan
Thinly slice bananas to coat bottom of pan. Top with 1 cup of fruit.
Mix dry ingredients and pour into pan (Only include 1/2 of your nuts and save the rest for sprinkling on top.)
Mix wet ingredients and pour over dry.
Top with remaining fruit and nuts
Bake 35ish min.  And if you can let it cool for 10 min.  (We rarely can wait and just dive right in.)

Some other suggestions for your fruit includes:
apples chopped into smaller pieces (I bet some grated zucchini wouldn't be half bad in here either)
grated carrots and drained crushed pineapple
triple berry mix (frozen berries are just fine to use)
The possibilities are near endless, let me know what delicious combos you come up with.


No comments: